Friday, April 8, 2016

Goodbye Elder Thomas

4.4.16
Transfers are this week, and I found out that elder Thomas is
leaving:( It will be super sad to see him go, we had tones of fun
together and got along like we were best friends. The new missionary I
am getting is elder Meyers. He has been out a month longer then me and
was called to this mission as a Spanish speaking missionary. It will
be nice to have a companion who speaks Spanish, there are a lot of
Hispanics in our area! I will send a picture next week of him. It is
pretty crazy that I only have 3 transfers left!! After this transfer I
will probably leave this ward and have 3 months in my last area:) I am
determined to make the most out of every moment. Finish strong baby!!!
   I am having a hard time remembering what we did this week:) I will
try to remember some highlights though. The first one was General
Conference. It was so amazing!!! What a blessing it is to have
prophets and apostles to guide us through the storms of life and to
keep us from falling into the wickedness of the world. I loved all of
the talks and felt the spirit during every session:) I love this
church! My favorite session was priesthood session. There were so many
powerful/bold talks. It think the men of this church really needed to
here their words. I really learned the importance of the priesthood
and how much power we really hold in our hands. We have to do all we
can to be worthy to use the priesthood to bless those around us. What
a sacred responsibility we have. It was also good to hear our prophet
speak, he is looking pretty frail, but he is still able to testify
boldly of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can't wait to go back and read
all of the awesome talks.
This week we also had a good visit with Claudia, she is the sweet old
lady that lives in a care center. During our meeting she brought up
the concern that she has a hard time comprehending the bible when she
reads it. We decided that we are going to go over weekly with her and
read a chapter out of the bible with her. We are then going to watch
the corresponding bible video if there is one to bring the story to
life. I love those videos, there are so good:) Also this weekend we
made little conference invitations and gave them to people in between
sessions. Elder Thomas is good with technology and the flyer looked
pretty good. We ended up meeting a pretty cool guy named Caesar. We
taught him a little bit about the Restoration and shared a Book of
Mormon with him. We are going to follow up with him this week.
        Well I think that's all my brain is going to let me remember, but I
love you all and hope you had an awesome conference weekend!

Love,

Elder Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment