Friday, August 8, 2014

Aug 6th…An Unforgettable Day!






















Dallin was quiet on the way there…nervous and reflective.
Rick was really good to keep things light and fun 
as we drove to the MTC.
I was doing my best to hold back the tears:') 
had to look out the window and bite my lip
a few times...
but thanks to the prayers of many good friends
Dal got really excited as we got closer 
and I was able to keep it together
until the good-bye hug:)

It was such a joy to watch him walk away with confidence
and a big smile on his face.  He has worked hard to prepare
and stay worthy and now he is enjoying the benefits of those 
efforts.  He is soooo ready to serve the Lord 
and all of Heavenly Fathers children in Texas!

My head hurts from crying, yet my cheeks hurt from smiling.
Amazing how we can have so many conflicting emotions
all at once!
It was an absolutely indescribable feeling to let my son walk away
but to be completely willing to do so!
How could I not…the gospel has brought me
untold joy and happiness
and the least I could do is share my son for a few years
so others can have those same good things:)

No comments:

Post a Comment