Friday, August 8, 2014

First Email from the MTC




Hello wonderful friends and family!

I hope you are all doing wonderful and are enjoying the last month of summer:) I don't even know where to begin with the MTC! It is such an amazing place. From the moment you get out of the car and are rushed into a whole new life, they keep you as busy as a bee! My district is by far is full of the most amazing,spiritual elders and sisters in the whole MTC! My companions name is Elder Branch. He is from a little town called Stansbury Park in northern Utah. He is 6 foot 2 inches. He is a huge baseball player and loves to eat!! He is very intune with the spirit and has lots of great teaching ideas.

My MTC teachers are also terrific! They are both in there early twenties and are full of life and a love for teaching the gospel. We have class every day for at least 3 hours. I have learned so much about teaching the gospel and its only been two days! One of the coolest things I have done at the MTC so far has been attending this teaching workshop. We went in to this room where a pretend investigator was sitting in front of this class room. It started out with the two elders who started out by asking questions and figuring out why this specific person needed the gospel in their lives. After that the two elders left it was up to us as a class to teach the investigator. It was super exciting to experience what it will really be like out in the field. It was pretty nerve racking to share your testimony and gospel knowledge with my whole class watching! We as a companionship did not end up sharing anything with the investigators, but we both had lots of ideas and thoughts come to our head as the investigator was talking. We learned that we should be bold and share the inspiration we have received instead of keeping it to ourselves.

On Thursday we had the chance to go to another workshop by another amazing teacher called brother Tanner. He was really animated and funny. His workshop was all about developing a love for people and being able to see them the way God sees them. It was really eye opening and motivated me to develop that kind of love for everyone i come in contact with.

Thursday night we were able to meet with our branch president, president Bradford. He is the most kind and loving man I have ever known. He was so full of wisdom and testimony. At the meeting with him, he had each of us share our testimonies and the reason we decided to go on a mission. It was so powerful and the spirit was really strong. It was a really good bonding experience for our district. Also during that same meeting zone leaders and district leaders were chosen, and guess what! My companion and I were made the zone leaders!!!We are both humbled and excited to serve our fellow elders and sisters in our branch:)

Today is our P-day! We had the chance to wash our laundry and get our mail!  It was so fun to receive packages and letters.  Thank you all for your support and love.  Today we get the opportunity to teach our first investigator as a companionship.  We are both very nervous and excited to see how it will go.  Our investigators name is Frank.  We are going to teach him about the Book of Mormon and the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Well, my time is about up, but I want all of you to know that I love you so much, especially you mom!  I also want to end with a brief testimony.  I know this church is true!  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that is the most powerful teaching tool we have!  I'm so excited to go to Texas and preach the gospel and bring them the peace and happiness I have grown to love and cherish.  Without this gospel I don't know where I would be today, it gives my life purpose and I'm so blessed to know where I come from, why I am here and where I am going.  Again I want to tell you all how much I love and care about you!

P.S. I will send pictures next P-day:)

Elder Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment