Thursday, February 26, 2015

Snow and Miracles

2.25.15
It snowed this week in the good old state of Texas! It was funny to see all of the Texas people freaking out and not knowing what to do with themselves. School was even shut down for tow days! There wasn't even that much snow:) All of the snow did make me really miss skiing! The snow/ice that came in is why I am emailing today instead of on Monday.

This last week was a good week, and was full of hard work and good memories. The week started with a small miracle. This Monday night we were going to see a family and they had just got back from some event and were to tired to meet. We then tried to see some more potential investigators but had no luck. By this time it was around 8, and we were running out of ideas. We had not passed out any Book of Mormons that day, and I really wanted to pass one out before we went in for the night. I decided to say a prayer and ask God if he would provide a family for us to hand out a Book of Mormon to. We then started knocking on doors. We trackted a whole street and were about to call it a night, when I felt like we should try a few more houses down this side court. We decided to knock on this very well lit home that was an old English design. Well we knocked on the home. A really nice lady and man answered the door, and guess what? They accepted the Book of Mormon! It was a really cool experience and my faith was strengthened so much! The whole bike ride home I could not stop smiling:) I was very grateful that Heavenly Father had answered my prayer. This week I was also able to go on two awesome exchanges. The first exchange was with the zone leaders. I got to go to the zone leaders area with elder Partridge, my trainer! It was so fun to catch up and talk about the good old time in River Trials. We had a good exchange and elder Partridge and I had a good talk about how to have unity in a companionship. The second exchange was with elder Ostlund, who was my first zone leader in River Trials. He is a really good elder and it was fun to see him again. The night of the exchange we decided to to down to Southlake Town Square and contact people. It was on a Friday night, so there were lots of people! While we were there were able to teach two lessons and give out 3 Book of Mormons! It was awesome, and really helped me over come my fear of contacting. 
   This Sunday was also a good day. Our ward mission leader (brother Wade) decided that for our missionary coordination meeting that he was going to invite a member from all of the auxiliaries. The meeting went really well, and we were able to find a lot of help and new ideas for our investigators. Brother Wade is an awesome ward mission leader, and I am so grateful for the way he fulfills his calling. He has helped this area grow so much. Getting the ward involved in your missionary work is so much more successful then doing it by your self:) 
Well I am running very short on time, but I want you all to know that this church is the true church! This gospel really is the only way to be truly happy here on earth, and I am so happy that I get the opportunity to share it with everyone I can in this great sate of Texas! Stay safe and remember that you have a Heavenly Father who loves you and will answer your prayers.

Love, 


Elder Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment