Thursday, March 12, 2015

Snow in Texas!

3.2.15
 Since I emailed Thursday and I am very short on time, I will have to be brief today, but I did want to share a cool experience we had this Sunday. About a month ago elder Brown and I were trackting in this neighborhood and he got a prompting to go down this side street. We went down it and it lead to this other street. We started knocking doors on that street. The second door we knocked this man answered that was really nice, but said he was busy at the moment. After we got of his porch elder Brown said that was the house the spirit wanted us to knock on. Well I decided that we were going to go back to that house yesterday. When we started walking up to the house a younger lady opened it and told us to come and get dry under her porch, her name was Alyssa. We started talking to her and we found out that she was a less-active member and that she loved missionaries! She didn't have her records transferred to our stake, so we didn't even know she existed. She told us that her parents lived in Louisville and that they were very active. She was extremely nice and said that we were welcome to come back anytime. It was a small, but amazing miracle. I hope that we can help her get back on the straight and narrow and allow her to see how happy the gospel can make you! 
   We also had one more cool experience that happened Sunday. On the same street that Alyssa lives on, elder Phipps got this distinct impression that said "elder, go knock on that door". The crazy thing was that he said it sounded like it was me telling him that, but I didn't say a word. Well we unfortunately kept riding, but after a while we decided that the impression was too strong  to ignore and we went back. Elder Phipps said it was one of two houses, so we knocked on the first one and no one answered. We knocked on the second one and this nice lady named Lisa answered the door. As we started a conversation with her, she told us that she had grown up going to the LDS church with her Step grandmother, and that at one point she had even stood up for Joseph Smith when he was getting bashed at a church she attended! We asked her if we could come back and share a message and she agreed:) Elder Phipps and I have a really good feeling about her. I am very excited to share the Restoration with her. I truly learned the importance of following the promptings of the spirit. Every day God is placing people in our lives that are ready to receive the gospel, and all we have to do is be ready to head the promptings of the spirit the moment they come. 
     Well I have to run, but I love you all so much and pray you are all keeping safe and warm this winter season! God is real, he answers prayers and he is always watching over us and protecting is.

Love,

Elder Griffin

this is a picture of me in the crazy Texas snow storm!:)      


No comments:

Post a Comment