Monday, July 20, 2015

Training a greenie!

7.20.15
Today I learned that I will be training a new missionary:) I am super excited, but nervous at the same time. It will be super fun to be able to teach someone how to be a missionary. We are going to have a blast, I can't wait to meet him. We are going to make Woodland Springs 2nd, the best area in the mission!
   This week was a good week, we were able to see some good things happen in both our areas. Probably my favorite thing that happened this week was being able to teach Jeff again. We went over to his house with this really cool member in our ward named brother Goodrich. We sat down with Jeff and taught him the restoration. The lesson was a home run, he loved everything we taught him and he said that he believes it all. During the lesson we were really bold with him, and we talked a lot about baptism. He told us that he has really liked our visits, but that he will have to really study it out before he makes a commitment to join this church. We gave him a Book of Mormon, and he said he was really excited to read it. He is so sincere, I love it. It has been such a blessing to be able to get to know him and share with him something that can change his life for the better. This week we also talked to this really cool guy named Deon. He is a cop, and has the biggest biceps I have every seen. We got talking to him on his porch and found out that he doesn't believe/have a faith in Jesus Christ. He gave us some of the reasons for not believing. We told him that we would love to come over and help him gain that faith. He accepted. We were able to bare our testimonies on the Savior. I am very excited to help someone come to know Jesus Christ. He is going to feel so much more love, and peace in his life. Please pray that his heart will be softened and open when we teach him. This week I was also able to go to this new trainer meeting, where President Ames and the AP's gave us instruction. It was the most inspiring meeting and I came away excited to be a representative of Jesus Christ. During the meeting we talked a lot about the culture of our mission, and it was amazing to see how awesome this mission really is. President Ames has such a clear vision of what he wants us to become, and where he know that this mission can go. I will forever be grateful for him and how he is helping me become the missionary, and future husband I know I can be. 
  I hope everyone has a good week! Resist the temptations of the devil, get power from the scriptures, feel the peace of the temple and invite the spirit to be with you in every moment of your day.

Love,


Elder Griffin       

No comments:

Post a Comment