Thursday, December 3, 2015

Goodbye Elder Smith...Hello Elder Pulver

11.23.15
Today is the start of yet another transfer. It feels like just
yesterday I got to Arlington with elder Smith, and now he will be
leaving. I am pretty bummed, because we got along really well. It has
been an awesome transfer, I have learned a lot and we have been able
to accomplish a lot. My new companions name is elder Pulver. I don't
know much about him, but the things that I have heard about him are
all positive. I am a little nervous to have to lead the area again,
but excited to be able to work with elder Pulver.
   This week we were again able to meet with Pete. We had an awesome
lesson on Faith, repentance, baptism and receiving the gift of the
Holy Ghost. It was really cool, because at the end of our lesson he
asked what he needed to do to be baptized. We are having him pray
about a date! He is such a humble man, and is ready to turn his life
over to God. We are shooting for the 18th of December for his baptism.
He also prayed for the first time out loud during our lesson. It was a
powerful prayer, and I know that Heavenly Father was glad to here one
of his sons express the desires of his heart. We are meeting with him
again tomorrow night:)
   This week we also had a member of the 70 come, elder Falabella. The
first day we had a big meeting with half of the mission, and he
trained us on the importance of member missionary work as well as the
importance of baptizing families, so that they can all support each
other and have a goal to get sealed in the temple. The next day we had
a leadership meeting where we created an action plan with all of the
things we had learned. It was really good and we were taught from on
high.
    We also had a chance to do some sweet service this week. We went
to this tiny little church and helped them sort all of this food that
they had to feed people for thanksgiving. We also helped them put
together these Thanksgiving bags. It was a lot of fun, service is one
of my favorite parts about serving a mission. I also love talking to
all of the nice people we get to meet while serving. All of them are
good, faithful followers of Christ. There are all great examples to
me.
    Well I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving! We truly have many
things to be great full this year! Love y'all!


Elder Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment