Monday, January 4, 2016

Heading back to River Trails

1.4.16
I am being transferred! I totally thought I was going to be staying, but I guess the Lord has other plans. What is even more crazy is that I will be going back to my greenie area!!!! During this last year, River Trails changed to a zone leader area:) It will be awesome to see all of the people I love there. I will be serving with elder Thomas, he has been out a little more then me, and is a really good missionary. We should get along just fine. I will really miss Arlington, and all of the wonderful people I have meet. I will especially miss brother Peterson (our ward mission leader) and Cameron. Cameron is this 25 year old guy that decided to stay in the family ward. He is so cool, and is one of the greatest member missionaries I have ever meet. I will also miss elder Pulver, I would really have liked to serve another transfer with him. I will be sending lots of pictures next week:)
  This week we were able to have some good visits. We got to see Haley again and her cute Great Dane puppy. We had a nice meal with her, biscuits and gravy, and we were able to have a good lesson with her about the importance of setting spiritual goals. She mentioned setting a goal about reading the scriptures more as well as better church attendance. She is heading in a good direction! We were also able to meet with a part-member family named the Ngos. We had a really good open conversation with them. They are a really cool family. They have tow sons. One is going to college right now and has sadly not decided to go on a mission, but the other one who is a priest is still deciding on whether he should go or not. During our lesson with them the member we were on exchanges with, Cameron, felt prompted to invite him to start thinking about serving a mission. It was awesome. Also at the end of our message, we invited the 16 year old son to invite his dad to read the Book of Mormon. The father is a really kind man, but has a crazy busy work schedule. He will totally get baptized when he stops working so much:) Our last solid visit of the week was with brother Bernard. He is a member, but his wife is not. His mother just passed away, and he was able to talk with us about how he is feeling. He told us a spiritual experience he had while he was with his mom before she died, it was pretty neat. After that experience he was better able to understand the Plan of Salvation and has felt at peace ever since. He is a really cool guy! He is also way in to guns, so we got along just fine. Elder Pulver and the new missionary are going to go over to his house in a couple of weeks and share the Plan of Salvation with the whole family. Hopefully the wife sits in!
     Well I love you all and hope you have a good week. I know this church is true and am grateful every day that I get to be part of this incredible work!

Love, Elder Griffin   

No comments:

Post a Comment