Saturday, October 17, 2015

November 3rd will be GLORIOUS! Katy's getting baptized!

10.12.15

This week we were able to meet with the O'Brien's 3 times, and each lesson was amazing. They just soak in everything and are so eager to learn more! During one of the lessons we asked Katy (the wife) to pray for a date to be baptized. Well a could days later she text us and said that she wants to be baptized on November 3rd! We are so excited for her! They also came to church this week and Katy was making a lot of really awesome comments. During our gospel principles lesson we were talking about agency and the importance of our choices. We also talked about the reality of the devil and that his temptations he uses to get us to choose the wrong choices are real. We also talked about the safety and peace of making good choices. Katy started talking about how once she started investigating the church that she decided she needed to stop listening to some of the music she really likes. She started to realized how bad the lyrics where and how she felt when she listened to that kind of music. She then told us that she is now listening to church music and how she has really seen it make a difference in her life. I loved her comments, because it showed me how converted she truly is becoming. She isn't even a member yet, and has stopped listening to music that she know is bad, when there are lots of good members who have yet to conquer that small weakness! It has been so fun, to see her start to recognize and follow the promptings of the Spirit.     I truly love this family and can't wait to see them sealed in the temple.
   This week we did a cool service project at an orchard. We went there as a zone and were able to help with various things. One of my favorite part of the service project was pulling out dead trees, nothing like getting your hand dirty and working hard! We also got to help them cut off all of the band limbs on trees and pull of the rotten apples. It was fun to be out in the fresh air, in a beautiful orchard. We are planning to go back this Tuesday, so I am excited to be able to serve there again. 
   We were also able to see Kavin this week. Most of the times we go over to see him, he does 90 percent of the talking and we do 10. Will this last time we saw him we were able to have a good conversation. It started with him making comments on the movie "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration". We let him borrow a copy we had. He went on and on about how much he respects Joseph Smith and how horrible it was that the saints had to go through all of the tribulation they went through. He is starting to get a testimony of Joseph Smith, its awesome! This discussion lead to a good conversation about how this church really is Jesus Christ's restored church, and not just another Christian denomination. I was in awe, it was cool to see him getting excited. I have no doubt that he will be baptized someday.
  I also found out this week that I am being transferred to Arlington! It will be nice to be in a new area, but I will truly miss this area! This has definitely been my favorite area of the 3 I have served in. I have meet so many amazing people that have blessed my life and made me a better, stronger person. These two wards are also amazing, and I my testimony has grown as I have taught/interacted with the members here. Luckily there are going to be awesome people where  ever I serve. Woodland Springs will always have a special place in my heart.
  I know this Church is true, I know God lives and I know that Jesus Christ is the savior of the world and that He will come again. I love you all and hope you have a good week. Enjoy the beautiful Fall weather! 

Love,


Elder Griffin    

No comments:

Post a Comment