Friday, July 1, 2016

Headed to my Last Area...Copperas Cove

5.16.16
I have finally found out where I will be spending the last 3 months of
my mission. After 21 months I will be leaving the metroplex and taking
a long drive down to Killeen. It's about a 2 and a half hour drive
south of here:)I will be serving in the Copperas Cove 1st ward and
Copperas Cove YSA branch. It will be a whitewash, which means that
both me and my companion will be new to the area! My new companion is
Elder Mohrmann, who I already served with in Woodland Springs:) It
will be fun to serve with him again. We will have lots of catching up
to do! I have been feeling a little anxiety about transfers, but I am
very excited at the same time. My goal is to lift these two wards and
to find as many of God's children who are ready to hear the message of
the Restoration of the gospel. I want to love and serve everyone we
come in contact with. I know whitewashing will be a lot of work, but I
trust God and know that this is where he wants me to be. It will be
sad to leave River Trails, I have had so many good memories with
investigators and members here. I also will really miss my zone! We
had tones of fun together, and everyone is working so hard as well as
being obedient. It really was a blessing to be able to serve them.
        This morning we had a cool little experience. We were leaving with my
laundry and a man stopped us and introduced himself. He was baptized
about 5 years ago, but went less active for quite some time. He said
he has had a pretty rough time, but has quite smoking and is looking
to come back to church. We promised him that what he was doing was the
right thing and that God would bless him for repenting and coming back
to him. We also gave him a Book of Mormon and got his number. We will
be hoping to visit him this week. It is always so amazing to see how
God puts people's who need us in our path. I have also been on the
other end, where God has put people in my own path when I have needed
it.
        I want to share a couple highlights of my week:
1. We were able to have family home evening with a less active family.
We shared a short message on prophets and their role. We then played a
Mormon style catch phrase. It was really fun. All of the kids got
involved and had a good old time. Even one of the kids who doesn't
usually get evolved in things had fun too! That same night we had a
good lesson with Maddie. The lessons are going great with her. We
taught her the Pre-mortal life and the creation. It is always such a
cool thought to know that we lived with God before we were born! What
a priceless truth that is.
2. Watching Landon open his mission call!!!! That is so sweet that you
are going to South Africa! I literally watched the video of you
opening your call over and over again. Landon, you are going to be an
amazing missionary and the people of South Africa will love you:) I am
so proud of you and excited for you to join the ranks!
3. Going to the Mission Presidents Fireside. Every month President
Ames puts on a fireside for less active, recent converts and
investigators. It was incredible! We brought a cool returning member
named Brother Des Moines. I had a pretty rough day leading up the the
fireside, so it was so refreshing to feel the spirit and listen to
President Ames talk. He taught the doctrine of baptism, and how
important it is to our  salvation. He used several scripture stories
to illustrate his point. He is an amazing speaker and is really good
and putting simply, but powerfully, the gospel. There was also a
beautiful music number. This guy sang a really cool version of Come
the Fount, it was awesome!
        I love you all so much and am grateful for all of your examples! Have
a great week.

Love,


Elder Griffin
Castillo Family
The Ayala Family

No comments:

Post a Comment